In my last post I discussed how to add Cemetery Plots. While moving my Plots to their new home I decided that a bit of spring cleaning was in order.
There are all kinds of ways to to label cemetery plots and with 950+ I’m sure that I’ve seen most of them. Here is what I did to clean them up.
- Be careful. Cemetery Plot info is small and easy to clip short, paste incorrectly, and/or rewrite wrong.
- Try to standardize Plot info carefully. Standard info is Addition, Section, Row, Lot, Space. Questions to ask yourself are:
- Will you abbreviate (i.e, Addition to Add, Section to Sec, Space to Sp?
- Will you use initial caps or not?
- Will you separate each item with commas, dashes, etc?
- The key here is consistency. Decide what rules you want to follow and then just do it.
I decided that I want to spell out each word so that there is no question. I only use dashes to separate when there are only letters and numbers (i.e., A-1-2-3), otherwise I use commas between each part (i.e., Addition 1, Section 2, Plot 3, Row 4, Grave 5).